Silicone foam products are manufactured from platinum cured, liquid silicone rubber. The raw compound is expanded and dispensed on a continuous casting line, then heat cured. The expansion process is controlled to create a range of products having different densities, softness/firmness and cell structures. Silicone foam materials typically have a smooth skin on one or both sides due to the casting process. Open cell silicone foams are widely used for cushioning, dust sealing or light water sealing. Closed cell silicone foam materials are used for outdoor gaskets, wash-down gaskets and resilient cushioning pads. Expanded silicone foam products have a firmness range from Ultra Soft to Extra Firm, allowing engineers to select the best product for their application.
- Closed Cell Foam Material
- Excellent performance at extreme temperatures
- Superior fire resistance
- Low compression set
- UV and ozone resistance
- Available in various densities and shapes
- Easily fabricated into various types of foam gaskets, pads, tapes and sealing profiles
- Excellent performance on sealing, cushioning, soundproofing
- Resistance to weather, oil, chemical and tearing
- Environmental shields
- Electrical & automotive gaskets
- Sealing applications
- Medial equipment
- Access panels
- Full rolls, strip cut lengths, gaskets & adhesive tapes.