It comes from the family ofsynthetic rubber, made from styrene and butadiene. SBRfoam is widely-used material across the world because it offers excellent bounce back effect. SBR foam is majorly used in orthotic devices to provide better cushioning and give pressure relief during pain in areas like limbs or spine.
• The density of SBR foams increases with increasing the content of DCP (dicumyl peroxide). The high density of polymeric foams exhibits the high mechanical properties such as hardness, shrinkage, tensile strength, tear strength, elongation at break, and compression set.
• It has excellent electrical insulating properties..
• It is very durable and relatively cheap.
• Good mechanical properties.
• Closed cell structure making it impermeable to air and water
• The heat ageing and weathering resulted in an increase in tensile modulus and hardness, but lowered the tensile strength,
• ultimate elongation and tear strength
• Outstanding aging properties and will not go brittle over time.
• Available in a wide range – high temperature, hard, soft, super soft.
• Wide variety with a range of thicknesses.
• Suitable to be used in various applications.
• Strong durability and long lasting.
• Less high-temperature discoloration
• Better resistance to animal and vegetable oils
SBR is often used as a sealing and binding agent. It has broad use in pneumatic tires, shoe heels and soles, gaskets, and even chewing gum.
SBR is also used in adhesives, coatings, impregnating or spreading compounds for rug backing, textiles, and paper saturation.
• Hot rubber
• Cold rubber